Tuesday 19 April 2011

23 April: "Sant Jordi" World Book Day



My Saint George

My Saint George is tall, tall and thin and also short and thick,

Nice, fun, ironic and, at the same time, serious, well-educated and witty.

Though sometimes quite long, it can be a light read,

You’ll get to the end in the blink of an eye.

Antique and also the latest release,

Rural, although also found in big cities,

A friend of libraries and shelves in many houses,

Widely read, admired and found in many languages,

Madness often hand in hand with common sense.

My Saint George is the best, my Saint George is…

to have a good book in my hands.

* This is a poem written by one of our students dedicated to Saint George. On 23 April we celebrate the Day of the Book by giving books and roses to our loved ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...